The VTech DM221 baby monitor is an advanced, fully capable baby monitor that will keep your child within range at all times. Whether you’re lounging on the couch, in bed, or cooking dinner, you can place these monitors strategically throughout the home so that you hear your baby’s cries and sounds loud and clear, or keep them on you if you will be moving around.
This baby monitor allows me to feel connected to my baby at all times and know exactly what he is doing and how he is feeling. If he starts crying, I know instantly, no matter where I am in the house.
The sound is very clear and I am definitely pleased with the quality of these monitors. My husband and I both get what is called a parent unit, which allows us to talk back to our baby when he starts crying or cooing. The transmission is great and there is no irritating white noise.
This baby monitor is perfect for any parent with a baby and will allow you to stay connected to them at all times, making sure that their needs are met even if you’re on the other side of the house or out in the backyard. This gives me a sense of security and reassurance at all times, knowing that I can be there for my baby at any time.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology with crystal clear transmission.
- No white noise.
- Range of up to 1,000 feet from your baby, meaning you can hear them even if you are out in the backyard.
- These monitors are unique in that you can communicate back to your baby, comforting him or singing to him from a different room (Talk-Back Intercom System).
- Comes with two parent units which can be charged up for continuous use.
- Around 18 hours of battery life before the units need to be recharged.
- Backlit display is very easy to read, even in minimal light.
- DECT technology guarantees a secure and encrypted signal so that you will be the only one hearing your baby.
- Monitor noise level with LED lights and vibrations the set of five lights on the parent unit show how much noise in your baby’s room so that you can keep an eye on it. If your baby is fussing but you don’t want to hear it, the unit will vibrate. I find this option extremely useful.
- The parent units are both very lightweight so that you can keep them on you at all times.
- Noise levels are easily adjustable and there are options for LED light noise levels as well as vibrations, adding to the convenience of these baby monitors.
- Being able to talk back to my baby is one of the most important benefits. If I am in the kitchen or in the living room, I can sing to my baby or hush him easily.
- I know that I am the only one hearing my baby because of the encrypted signal.
- I can even go visit the neighbors and still know that my baby is safe and comfortable, thanks to the 1,000 foot range.
- Sometimes I have experienced the monitor beeping at night while I am sleeping because it has lost the connection. However, it normally reconnects right away and it does not happen that frequently.
- The battery life is not actually 18 hours and tends to run for about 6 8 hours, which can sometimes be irritating to have to charge it so frequently.
There are not many downfalls to this baby monitor, and compared to other models and brands, this monitor is exceptional because of the talk-back technology as well as the range that it provides. It is highly efficient and gets the job done. The best thing is that I can talk to my baby and feel assured throughout the day and night, knowing that if my baby needs me, I will be able to know it instantly.