Having a baby comes with great responsibilities. I remember countless nights where I would stay up all night moving from room to room making sure that my child is safe and sound. I did this for quite some time, until a colleague saw how stressed I was and recommended that I should have a video baby monitor next to my bed.
This idea to me was a definite lifesaver and since I had no other option on my list, I decided to carry out extensive research online with a mission to find the best product for the job. After hours of research going through several sites and reviews, the top candidate was the Motorola MBP25-2 wireless video baby monitor with an LCD screen.
The Motorola MBP25-2 is a state-of-the-art wireless video monitor that gives parents, nannies or guardians the rare opportunity of keeping an eye on multiple rooms of their home through a single parent unit. The extra advantage is the fact that you can communicate with your baby without having to make the unnecessary trips when you can just talk over a convenient communication feature.
Features and benefits
This video baby monitor has a 2.4 inch full color LCD display, an infrared night vision, complex video cam combo, as well as an incredible zoom functionality; all this to guarantee the safety of your little one. Below we go into a little more detail of some of the features:
- Color LCD display with infrared night-vision
As said the MBP25-2 contains a full color 2.4 inches LCD screen that displays real-time video and the level of sound is displayed by an LED sound level. This will keep you informed on the events in the baby’s room. Since I adopted this video baby monitor, I don’t have to switch the lights on at night to keep an eye on my baby. The infrared night-vision capability displays the visuals even in the darkest of nights.
- 2-way communication channel
As the name suggests, the 2-way communication channel will let you sing or talk your baby to sleep in case your toddler has woken up. This will happen remotely so you can also use the monitor to communicate to your partner if he or she is in the other room.
- 2.4GHz FHSS Wireless Technology
All credit going to the much better range and strong signal courtesy of the 2.4GHz feature. Compared to previous wireless technologies, the MBP25 is definitely the best candidate to monitor your baby.
The MBP25-2 video monitor’s “Low Battery” and “Out of Range” alerts enable you to remain vigilant by keeping the units running. You will not have to worry about the range, provided you are within approx. 500 feet. If there is any issue you will be prompted fast.
- Unlike most video baby monitors, the MBP25-2 screen performs in various capacities, which includes up-close as well as across the room.
- The easy and effective scanning feature between cameras is another feature. You have the option of choosing to cycle manually through each camera, or simply set the main unit to automatically switch different camera feeds between certain durations of time.
- A talk-back feature is also available. This is one of the attributes that can help you dearly, especially when you’re tied up in the room and your angel wakes up you can sooth her back to sleep.
- You can turn the video off as the audio remains on when you go to sleep or when you’re busy doing other things and later turn it on in case your baby wakes up. You can also mute the sound while you watch the display on screen.
- There is also a zoom feature that lets you have a better view of your baby in cases the normal view isn’t clear enough.
The only issue some people have with the Motorola MBP25-2 is the battery life of the parent unit when unplugged. Though this is no reason for huge concern when you keep it plugged in regularly.
My final verdict
If you are looking for quality and convenience at a reasonable price tag, the Motorola MBP25-2 wireless video baby monitor is the answer.