With 2 kids close in age, the Contours Options Elite tandem stroller has been an excellent addition to our baby goodies. What really drew me to this stroller was the versatility that it offered. It really allows for growth in the family and perfect when you have two kids that have different requirements at different ages.
Features of the Contours Options Elite
One of the best features, for instance, is the fact that you can adjust the seats in 7 different ways as well as the footrest area. So, you can have one seat lying in the flat reclining position for your smaller baby, and then have the other seat in the fully upright position with a wider footrest space for your toddler.
When the kids need some time apart, you can turn the seats back to back, which I love! There are nice large side pockets with zips on each seat that are perfect for holding little sippy cups or toys, and there is a sturdy storage basket underneath, which I cannot do without, as it carries the nappy bag, extra bits and pieces and just makes life so much easier when you’re out and about, shopping etc.
This also has a side zip so you have easy access when the seats are reclined and you cannot get to the basket easily. It doesn’t come with snack trays which annoyed me at first, but then I found out that you can purchase them as an extras, which I did.
Looking at safety features, this stroller has everything you could want. 5 point safety harness, an extra belly bar that fits over the child in the seat, where you could attach a toy, mesh canopies that are expandable, and that have little windows in to that you can sneak a peek at the kids when the canopy is up.
It also has special rubber coated EVA back wheels which make the ride much smoother and perfect if you often ride on bumpy, uneven surfaces like sidewalks or over gravel and it also comes with a car seat adapter that works with a large variety of brands, including Peg Perego, Britax, Chicco, Graco, and others. In fact, over 20 popular car seats are compatible with this stroller.
Here are some other pros
- Each seat can hold up to 40 Pounds, making it ideal as your babies become toddlers.
- It folds up easily and compactly which is surprising considering it’s a tandem stroller.
- It is a good looking stroller with a sleek, sophisticated black frame that is strong and durable.
- It is ideal for parents who are taller than average, as the wheels are positioned slightly further away from the handles.
- It can be used on any type of surface. I frequently take my kids for walks down the street, over grass to the park, and even over sandy patches.
- Both seats can come out completely so that you can rearrange the seating as you desire or even just use one seat if you want to.
Some cons that you should be aware of:
- The cup holder is not the biggest, and some of my larger bottles don’t fit in it.
- The clasps are not the best quality, although they do work just fine.
- When you detach one seat you cannot take the bars off that hold the seat in place, which looks a bit clumsy.
Looking at another similar stroller in the same price range, the Chicco Cortina umbrella stroller, I can say immediately that I would not go for this as the seats are not adjustable and you are also fairly limited with the car seats that you can use. You have much more freedom with the Contours Options Elite.
All in all, I would say that I’m extremely happy with this double stroller, as it is great for those families who are heavy users, who go out a lot and take a lot with them. It is very strong and durable and my kids have never been uncomfortable or feel cramped, even though the stroller manages to be very light and compact.