The Baby Jogger Summit X3 is a great product with exceptional performance and can maneuver on any terrain. It is a third generation Summit model that comes with all the features I want in a jogger (such as full protection canopy, large basket, roomy seat and is easy to fold). It weighs 28 lbs and can be used to hold a child of up to 75 lbs (like a 9 year old).
It is a one hand stroller that is very easy to navigate and its all-wheel suspension together with air-filled tires gives it a smooth ride. It also comes with safety features like run-away strap, a hand brake as well as a 5 point harness. Located on the side of the stroller is a new front swivel wheel lock instead of a wheel and this is what I absolutely like because I do not have to bend and touch the dirty front wheel.
Handle bar: The handle bar is located 40.5’’ from the ground and is not adjustable. It also has an easy to clean rubber cover on the bright side with wipe clean grip that absorbs sweat.
Large canopy: The large adjustable sun canopy that this baby jogger has is what I love the most. This large canopy provides full sun coverage from the morning and the evening sun. This canopy also has 3 sections with 2 peek-a-boo windows and side ventilation panels.
Padded seat: This model comes with a larger seat than the previous models and that is why it can hold a child with a weight of up to 75 lbs. To me this is a very important feature because it makes it easier to carry my 7 year old with me in it. This seat is 24’’ high (from the top of the canopy to the back of the seat) & 14.5’’ wide and the foot rest is 9’’ high. The material used in making this seat is of very high quality and is very easy to clean.
Wheels: It has two 16’’ wheels in the back & a single 12’’ in the front and all of them are air-filled. The front swivel wheel can quickly be locked straight if the terrain gets rough or just for jogging. This is because its lock is strategically placed on the side of the stroller and therefore locking or unlocking it can easily be done without touching the dirty front wheel. It also has an all-wheel suspension system that provides the child with a smooth ride.
- Mesh window: It has a large mesh window that can be seen after reclining the seat completely. The window creates a nice air flow.
- Mesh pocket: On the back seat is a large mesh pocket which is quite handy for small items such as keys, sun glasses and even a cell phone.
- Large basket: Unlike most baby joggers, the Summit X3, Black has a large basket that can either be accessed from the back or from the sides of the stroller.
- Parking brake: Located between its rear wheels is a foot brake that can be activated by stepping on the red pedal.
- Hand brake: This is a great safety feature that is especially useful when jogging down the hill and has to slow down.
- One-hand fold: This is a feature that is also found in many others strollers. It is a one-hand easy to fold (i.e. it can easily fold when the strap located in the middle of the seat is pulled up).
- Run away strap: Attached to the bottom of the stroller is a run-away strap which provides extra safety in case the stroller moves away from you when you jog.
- Its handle bar is not adjustable and this can be disappointing for taller or shorter parents like me.
- It does not have an automatic lock. The stroller has to be locked manually when folded with a Velcro.
- It is a very heavy stroller (28lbs) as compared to many other strollers which are much lighter.
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 double stroller has a 1 year warranty on fabric & other small parts and a lifetime warranty on the frame. To get more details on this product, you can click on the link below.